United Way of Pennsylvania, a nonprofit statewide organization representing United Ways across the Commonwealth, and PA 211, a UWP subsidiary which helps Pennsylvanians access health and human service information, is looking for an intern interested in data compilation and reporting to help our organizations increase our capacity to respond to the needs of our communities and share information with our stakeholders.
- Develop a template for a PA 211 monthly report so that information about community needs can be shared with our stakeholders via an attractive, easy to populate format;
- Analyze our state 211 metrics report and create a template so that a monthly data report can be available in a timely manner;
- Work on data clean-up for conversion of data to a new software system;
- Develop weekly phone reports to analyze our phone stats and develop a statewide report, with customizable fields, for staff to manage the report week to week;
- Compile data from UWP’s ALICE Report to design easy-to-pull calculations for various communication needs;
- Assist with the creation of other seasonal reports and data compilation as needed;
Students applying for this internship may be either be pursuing their Graduate or Undergraduate degree with a concentration in Statistics, Business Management, Computer Science, Public Administration, or a closely related field. The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Must be proficient with Excel, including the development of charts and the building of templates that can be replicated month to month;
- Basic design skills – must be able to present data in an attractive manner;
- Strong communication skills, including strong writing skills; and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Cloud-Based systems;
The candidate selected will be expected to work during the Fall 2019 Semester, with a minimum of 15 hours per week. There is a potential for the internship to continue into the Spring 2020 Semester. Interns may use this opportunity for school credit, but that is not required.
Interns will be provided compensation of $10.50/hour.
Interns will have the ability to work on-site or remotely, with occasional travel for a special meeting and/or training. If the candidate selected must travel, travel expenses will be reimbursed. Those candidates working remotely will be required to have a personal computer and access to high-speed internet.
Please send a cover letter, resume, and writing sample or data project to email@example.com. Deadline for application is September 15, 2019.