PA 211 is a service available to any Pennsylvanian, regardless of income level, to assist with a variety of needs, from help with utilities, housing or mental health services, to employment services or supports for seniors and veterans. In partnership with United Way of Pennsylvania, PA 211 strives to offer high quality health and human services information and referral statewide through a network of regional partners. PA 211’s network, powered by a unified statewide resource database, is poised for its next phase of growth. The corporate headquarters of United Way of Pennsylvania (UWP) and Pennsylvania 211 is located in Lemoyne, PA, but the possibility for telecommuting exists with regular trips to Lemoyne for meetings, etc.
PA 211 is seeking an enthusiastic person with data analytics skills and exceptional attention to detail to manage the statewide human service resource and referral database and provide oversight and support for the database managers in the PA 211 regions. This person will be a critical member of the team in assuring that the statewide resource database contains complete and correct information about resources and services available in the community so that Call Specialists can accurately and efficiently assist people who contact 211.
1) Ensure the quality of information in the statewide 211 database
2) Ensure that regional database managers are adequately trained and follow common procedures
3) Assess PA 211’s strengths and needs for improvement using data analytics
4) Manage PA 211’s performance reporting
5) Ensure grant/contract condition compliance
6) Cultivate and maintain relationships with local 211 staff to advance a collaborative approach
• Lead cross-region initiatives to enhance PA 2-1-1’s existing statewide resource database.
• Lead cross-region initiatives to ensure that high quality data on community services is obtained and maintained by the regional database managers.
• Ensure that common data definitions are being used statewide.
• Provide database management and oversight of the statewide service database
• Create and maintain statewide Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for database maintenance and related activities.
• Develop statewide reports for internal and external audiences which measure key metrics on 2-1-1 provider performance, alignment with national 2-1-1 network goals and statewide consistency
• Support the PA 211 Quality Assurance Director in ensuring that contractual obligations are being met for special projects such as Connect to Home and Flu on Call.
• Ensure that appropriate data and information are available as part of PA 2-1-1’s accountability to funders and to support appropriate planning and decision making.
• Organize training opportunities which support obtaining and maintaining consistent, high quality human services data.
• Serve as a resource to the regional database managers.
• Establish relationships with other state 211 database directors to share best practices.
• Participate in national 211 database initiatives.
• Other data related duties and projects as assigned
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Minimum of one to two years of database management experience
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong analytical skills
Demonstrated expertise producing reports using data analytics Valid Driver’s license – some travel is required
Prior experience with human services and/or information and referral is preferred
Salary and Benefits:
The PA 211 Statewide Database Manager will be employed by United Way of PA and report to the PA 211 Executive Director. UWP provides a competitive benefits package which includes health insurance, vision and dental insurance, a 401 (k) match after one year of employment and paid time off, including flexible holidays.
Salary range for this position is $48,000 to $52,000 depending on experience and qualifications. This position is funded by grant funds. This position is a non-exempt position under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 26, 2020. For the writing sample, please access https://pa.211counts.org/ and address the benefits of 211 to citizens of PA. Please limit writing sample to three paragraphs.