The U.S. Census counts every resident in the United States. Article I, Section 2 of the U.S. Constitution mandates that this occur every 10 years. The information the census collects helps determine how more than $675 billion of federal funding is distributed to states and communities each year.
Lynne Newman of the U.S. Census Bureau will join United Way of PA members to discuss plans for the 2020 census. Topics to be covered include:
- Different ways to respond to the U.S. Census
- Census office locations in PA
- How and why to form complete count committees locally
- Reaching out to low response populations
- U.S. Census confidentiality
- Recruiting U.S. Census workers
Please join us on August 28th at 3:00pm. There will be a live Q&A after the presentation.
August 28th, 2018 3:00 PM through 4:15 PM
Phone: (717) 238-7365