- Improve access to healthcare
- Promote personal responsibility for achieving a healthy lifestyle, with a strong prevention foundation
- Expanding access to vital health care programs including Medicaid and CHIP which provide all essential health benefits including behavioral health services.
- Assuring that payment policies and quality measures support the development of a viable provider network to meet the demands of increased access.
- Lowering infant mortality rates by improving health care access and quality for high-risk pregnant women, mothers and newborns in at-risk communities, including racially, ethnically and linguistically diverse communities.
- Combatting preventable chronic diseases through the promotion of strategies that support wellness and healthy lifestyles.
- Improving access to affordable healthy food and beverages and creating opportunities for physical activity programs in schools and neighborhoods to reduce childhood obesity.
- Ensuring older adults have access to home and community-based supports in order to maximize their choice to age in place.