Department of Community & Economic Development Emergency Solutions Grant
The Department of Community & Economic Development (DCED), has received notice of the award of the first allocation of Emergency Solutions Grant program funds appropriated under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) – ESG-CV funds. DCED will administer an appropriation of $19,920,655 based on the HUD federal fiscal year 2020 formula distribution.
DCED’s priority for the use of these ESG funds will be to assist homeless providers and communities prepare for, prevent the spread of and respond to the coronavirus among individuals and families who are homeless or receiving homeless assistance and to support additional homeless assistance and homelessness prevention activities to mitigate the impacts created by coronavirus. DCED will award ESG CARES funding to support applicants who will work to end or prevent homelessness quickly and as efficiently as possible for all vulnerable populations.
The Emergency Solutions Grant – CARES (ESG-CV) Application and Guidelines are available for review at https://dced.pa.gov/programs/emergency-solutions-grant-cares-act-esg-cv/.
Important Dates and Deadlines:
Electronic Single Application (ESA) – opens April 23, 2020, and will close at 4:00pm on Monday, June 1, 2020. No application submitted after this time will be considered for funding. Competitive applications for funding will only be accepted through the DCED Electronic Single Application. All required addenda must be submitted with the application through ESA.
Please contact Stacy Hawthorne at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
Rural Development Community Facilities and Distance Learning Resources
Rural Development (RD) provides loans and grants to help expand economic opportunities and create jobs in rural areas. This assistance supports infrastructure improvements; business development; housing; community facilities such as schools, public safety and health care; and high-speed internet access in rural areas.
Select upcoming RD deadlines:
- Distance Learning and Telemedicine Grant Program – Application Deadline: July 13.
- Community Facilities Technical Assistance and Training Grant – Electronic Application Deadline: April 30, 2020 via grants.gov | Paper Application Deadline: May 5, 2020.
- Community Facilities Technical Assistance and Training Grant: Supplemental 2019 Disaster Relief Act Funding: Deadline: April 30, 2020 via grants.gov | Paper Application Deadline: May 5, 2020.
Food Recovery Infrastructure Grants
- $4 million grant program is an opportunity for the charitable food system to apply for up to $200,000 in grant funding
- Grants will be awarded to PA nonprofit organizations such as food banks, shelters, and soup kitchens to cover the costs of equipment purchases necessary to prepare, transport and store food acquired from retailers, wholesalers, farms, processors and cooperatives.
- Examples of eligible equipment include refrigerated or non-refrigerated box trucks, industrial-sized refrigerators, pallet jacks and/or dollies. Installation and shipping costs will also be eligible for support.
- To apply, the applicant must describe its current food recovery operation and explain how the food infrastructure equipment will enhance its current program.
- The organization must also provide a description of the proposed program and provide what food retailers, wholesalers, farms, processors and cooperatives will be partners for the project. Additionally, the organization must provide a description of how the program will be operated by staff and or volunteers
- Potential applicants are required to email email@example.com in order to gain access to the Department of Community and Economic Development’s (DCED) Electronic Single Application website.
- ALL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY MAY 8TH