Volunteering Safely During COVID-19
- Volunteer efforts to provide life-sustaining services (such as providing food or vital supplies) during the COVID-19 pandemic are allowed under both statewide mitigation and shelter-in-place orders.
- Volunteers should take every effort to maintain social distancing protocol. The PA Department of Agriculture has guidance related to food supply volunteers that can apply to many situations.
- PA VOAD has released these guidelines for volunteers:
- Volunteer Self-Screening Guidelines
- PA VOAD Call for Volunteers
- Tracking Hours of COVID-19 Volunteers Template (for possibility of reimbursement in the future)
- Potential volunteers are being asked to register at https://serv.pa.gov/ where agencies that are responding to a disaster may also register as organizations needing volunteers.
- AmeriCorps State and National and AmeriCorps VISTA Members may be placed on alternate duties during the COVID-19 pandemic to assist with crisis response. Members must agree to the new assignments and CNCS must approve the change. Please contact your CNCS program representative for additional details or read the FAQ.
Resources for United Ways only
Pennsylvania State Resources
- Responding to COVID-19 Guide
- PA Department of Human Services COVID-19 Hub
- PA Department of Education COVID-19 Guidance and Resources
- PA Department of Aging Guidance
PA Department of Health Resources
- COVID 19 Homepage/FAQ
- Preparing for the spread of Coronavirus One Pager
- PA Emergency Preparedness Guide