United Way of Pennsylvania is happy to announce we will be recruiting an intern for the Spring semester! This individual will start with UWP in January and work through mid-May, with the potential to continue into the summer semester if work and budget allows. The deadline to apply will be November 30th, with interviews to follow in the first weeks of December. This internship is a paid position.
The majors we are looking to recruit students from include marketing, communications, and public policy. For the full job description, please click here.
United Way of Pennsylvania, a nonprofit statewide organization representing United Ways across the Commonwealth, is looking for an intern interested in learning aspects of public policy work, along with membership development and marketing skills. It's essential that applicants to this position have excellent communication skills, demonstrate creativity, and understand the importance of attending to even the smallest details.
- Monitor and engage UWP social media
- Schedule legislative meetings and monitor legislative bills
- Work with UWP’s Public Policy Director to coordinate UWP’s 2019 Hill Day
- Help coordinate messaging for a statewide data report
- Prepare data project from statewide dataset
- Write press releases and communication pieces
- Design various marketing and legislative materials
- Contribute to UWP bi-weekly and monthly newsletters, as well as blog posts
- Assist with the coordination of UWP Annual Conference and additional webinar trainings
- Screen phone calls
- Assist with mailings, print production