We’re Looking for a FT Administrative Assistant!
United Way of Pennsylvania and PA 211 are seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented team player to provide key administrative support which allows both organizations to deliver on their missions. The administrative assistant will also provide support to United Way of Pennsylvania President and PA 211 Executive Director who is responsible for implementing the strategic priorities of both Boards of Directors. The administrative assistant must also regularly honor deadlines, while driving routine tasks in support of bookkeeping and board support for both organizations.
Reports to: UWP President and PA 211 Executive Director
- Establish relationships with Boards of Directors of PA 211 and United Way of Pennsylvania, and support board engagement.
- Provide excellent customer service to members and partners for both organizations.
- Assure accurate and timely accounting support, in close working relationship with UWP’s external accountant.
- Deliver proactive administrative support to the President/ Executive Director
- Increase organizational efficiency by improving electronic file organization and establishing conventions for the whole team to follow.
Board Support for United Way of Pennsylvania and PA 211
- Transcribe Board minutes for UWP
- Prepare Board Meeting Notices for UWP and PA 211
- Prepare and post board meeting materials for UWP and PA 211
- Record and track Board Meeting attendance for UWP
- Track length of service of board members for UWP and PA 211
- Help President/Executive Director ensure balance of Board Membership per the bylaws and nominating goals of UWP and PA 211
Accounting Support for United Way of Pennsylvania and PA 211
- Lead relationship with UWP Accounting firm
- Keep log of all checks received for UWP and PA 211
- Keep log and code invoices for UWP and PA 211, obtain President/Executive Director’s approval for payment
- Manage credit card reconciliation process
- Provide documentation for annual UWP audit or financial review
Grants Management Support
- Maintain electronic files for all grant contracts, subcontracts, and reporting requirements
- Coordinate grant subcontracts, disburse payments and coordinate reporting as directed by the President/ Executive Director
- Assist UWP President/PA 211 Executive Director by scheduling appointments and helping to maintain the executive’s calendar
- Prepare communications such as memos, emails, invoices, reports and other correspondence
- Edit documents
- Operate copy machine, administer cloud-based phone system configuration with support from vendor. Serve as primary point of contact with office operations vendors for phones and printer/copier, as well as UWP’s IT consultant
- Prepare mail merge letters and communications as needed
- Assist with event planning and logistics as-needed
- Track registration and payment for events
- Answer phones
- Open and distribute mail
- Manage Membership Investment Process and track membership status
- Organize electronic and paper files for the organizations
- Order office supplies
Other duties as assigned by the President
Good organization, time management and scheduling skills
Basic bookkeeping experience
Proficient with Microsoft products, including Word, Outlook, Excel and Powerpoint
Strong communication skills
Ability to multitask and manage several projects at once
Ability to work independently and deliver significant portions of projects with little to no oversight
This is a full-time position. This position is non-exempt under the FLSA.
Compensation and Benefits
UWP provides a competitive benefits package which includes health insurance, vision, dental, a 401(k) match, and paid time off, including flexible holidays.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resumé, including compensation requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications are due March 19, 2021.