UWP welcomed seven newly elected board members who bring a wealth of experience and expertise, further strengthening UWP’s commitment to its mission. The distinguished members include:
- Angela Ferritto
- President for PA AFL-CIO
- Beck Moore
- CEO for Community Action Association of Pennsylvania
- Gayle Young
- Executive Director for United Way of Lawrence
- Joan Smith-Reese
- Executive Director for United Way of Bradford County
- Karen Struble-Myers
- President and CEO for United Way of the Southern Alleghenies
- Mai Miksic
- Managing Director of Early Learning and Education for United Way of Greater Philadelphia & Southern New Jersey
- Tim Fatzinger
- President and CEO for United Way of the Capital Region
These accomplished individuals bring diverse skills and perspectives, positioning UWP for continued success.
We also thank departing board member Kate Houstoun, Chief Impact Officer at United Way of Greater Philadelphia and Southern New Jersey, for her support and partnership.
A nominating committee of our board chooses our board member candidates with intentionality, ensuring that UWP actively engages in amplifying the voices of diverse backgrounds. These board members bring not only their professional credentials, but also diverse lived experiences and relationship networks that they generously share with our organization. Their service embodies the truth in the saying, “It’s not about what you know; it’s about who you know.” This variation of a quote by Mark Twain rings true in today’s age, where the power of connections holds immense value, and we want all of PA to know we are here to make a difference.