Long before “coronavirus” became part of our everyday vernacular, collaboration was a hot topic in the nonprofit sector. Now, months into a global pandemic, it becomes more and more clear every day just how connected we all are. For many, COVID has simply been the nudge they needed to get creative with new ways of working together to support our families, our organizations, and our communities – all while respecting physical distancing guidelines and stay-at-home orders.
Now that COVID has taken that first step, giving us the “pause” we needed to start experimenting, what’s next? What level of partnership is appropriate? With whom are we most aligned? How can we ensure we’ll be stronger together than we are on our own? How do we actually get started?
PANO and United Way of Bradford County are excited to host “Better Together” to bring this conversation to life featuring:
- A high-level introduction to collaboration, exploring different levels of partnership and what it means to truly work together
- An honest look at some of the challenges, realities, and successes of real-world collaborations
- A discussion on the role of trust and vulnerability
- An overview of important tools, policies, and other documents from the Standards for Excellence
- Questions to ask before entering and/or walking away from a partnership
- Opportunities to consider where and how collaboration can strengthen your org and your mission