38 Deborah Drive, Leola, PA 17540Directions >
Angela Williams, the new CEO of United Way Worldwide, will be coming to our region to meet the CPOs of United Ways in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware. We will be hosting the Mini CEO Summit in Leola, Pennsylvania just outside Lancaster at the beautiful Inn at Leola Village on January 12th 10:00am-4:00pm.
10:00am: Welcome and State Leadership Panel
- John Emge will moderate a panel of leaders from Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Delaware who will talk about the successes and challenges United Way faces in each state and how the Local United Ways in their states are coming together to rise to the challenges they face.
10:45am: Introductory Roundtables
- United Way of Pennsylvania will separate attendees into different groups to introduce themselves to their peers and talk about how their United Way has handled the turbulence of the last two years, fundraising strategies, and making an impact in their community. Participants will report out about their discussion to the larger group.
12:30p-2:30pm: Featured Speaker: Angela Williams, CEO of United Way Worldwide
- Angela Williams will join the summit to meet our attendees, talk about her experience, her vision for United Way Worldwide, and answer questions about our future and strategy going forward.
2:45pm: Shared Community Impact Programs (ALICE/211) and Group Collaboration Discussion
- Either as a large group or several smaller ones, the attendees will discuss shared community impact programs, such as 211 and ALICE, and how we can come together to sell them to donors, sponsors, and use them effectively in our communities.
- State leaders will summarize the day’s events and outline any next steps for future collaboration across our region.
The Mini CEO Summit will be at The Inn at Leola Village. Parking and lodging are available on site if needed. It is also approximately 15 minutes from the Lancaster Amtrak station.
Rooms are available and can be reserved online or via phone. There is no room block or special rate available. There are other hotels in the area you may also wish to check out. Listed below with standard rates:
Hampton Inn Lancaster
545 Greenfiled Road, Lancaster PA 17601
3.4 miles from Leola
Courtyard by Marriot Lancaster
1931 Hospitality Dr. Lancaster PA 17601
3.5 miles from Leola
Country Inn and Suites by Radisson
2260 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster PA 17602 4.2 miles from Leola
Comfort Suites Amish Country
2343 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster PA 17602 4.1 miles from Leola
Tru by Hilton Lancaster East
2320 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster PA 17602 4.2 miles from Leola
Fairfield Inn & Suites Lancaster Outlets
2270 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster PA 17602 4.2 miles from Leola
The price for this event is $60/person. This includes the cost of a lunch buffet and coffee service. United Way of Pennsylvania will accept but credit cards and checks. You must register by end of day January 4th. Payment must be received before January 12th.
This event has been approved by United Way Worldwide for flexible credit use. This means that Canada- and U.S.-based United Ways which are in full compliance with membership requirements and current on dues payments, may receive reimbursements from their flexible credits. Each participant may use flex credits for up to $60 toward their individual registration fees, up to $500 for travel, and up to $180 in per diem expenses.
We ask that each participant seeking reimbursement click and complete the following digital reimbursement form link by February 11, 2022. Once this deadline has passed, no further reimbursement requests can be accepted. A processing fee of $35 will be applied to every flex credit application.
Please note that it is the responsibility of each attendee to obtain internal approval to use flexible credits. They may check with their supervisor or flex credit manager before submitting any reimbursement requests. For more information, click to access account balance or view the flexible credit policy. If you have a question at any time, please contact Ask United Way (United Way Online access required).