Join Our Team: Administrative Assistant, PT
United Way of Pennsylvania and PA 211 are seeking an enthusiastic and detail-oriented team player to provide key administrative support which allows both organizations to deliver on their missions. The administrative assistant will also provide support to United Way of Pennsylvania President and PA 211 Executive Director who is responsible for implementing the strategic priorities of both Boards of Directors. The administrative assistant must also regularly honor deadlines, while driving routine tasks in support of bookkeeping and board support for both organizations. This position is based out of our offices in the Harrisburg, PA area.
- Establish relationships with Boards of Directors of PA 211 and United Way of Pennsylvania, and support board engagement through
- Provide excellent customer service to members and partners for both organizations.
- Assure accurate and timely accounting support, in close working relationship with UWP’s external account.
- Deliver proactive administrative support to the President/ Executive Director
- Increase organizational efficiency by improving electronic file organization and establishing conventions for the whole team to follow.
Board Support for United Way of Pennsylvania and PA 211
- Transcribe Board minutes for UWP
- Prepare Board Meeting Notices for UWP and PA 211
- Prepare and post board meeting materials for UWP and PA 211
- Record and track Board Meeting attendance for UWP
- Track length of service of board members for UWP and PA 211
- Help President/Executive Director ensure balance of Board Membership per the bylaws and nominating goals of UWP and PA 211
Accounting Support for United Way of Pennsylvania and PA 211
- Lead relationship with UWP Accounting firm
- Keep log of all checks received for UWP and PA 211
- Keep log and code invoices for UWP
and PA 211, obtain President/Executive Director’s approval for payment
- Manage credit card reconciliation process
- Provide documentation for annual UWP audit or financial review
Grants Management Support
- Maintain electronic files for all grant contracts, subcontracts, and reporting requirements
- Coordinate grant subcontracts, disburse payments and coordinate reporting as directed by the President/ Executive Director
- Assist UWP President/PA 211 Executive Director
- Prepare mail merge letters and communications as needed
- Assist with event planning and logistics as-needed
- Track registration and payment for events
- Answer phones
- Open and distribute mail
- Manage Membership Investment Process and track membership status
- Organize electronic and paper files for the organizations
- Order office supplies
Other duties as assigned by the President. This is a part-time, hourly wage position. This position is non-exempt under the FLSA.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, send your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com by August 21, 2020.