United Way of Pennsylvania and PA 211 are seeking a high performing, growth-oriented Social Determinants of Health Project Manager to join our collaborative team for the purpose of leading the implementation of new projects related to Social Determinants of Health, Community Resource Navigation Services, Health Equity, & Health Access. In collaboration with UWP/PA 211 staff and a network of regional partners, the Project Manager will lead a team of professionals to ensure program integrity. United Way of Pennsylvania is committed to being a leader and partner in building more financially resilient families and thriving communities throughout Pennsylvania, including through innovative partnerships to address social determinants of health.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a broad set of skills which start with a foundation of experience planning and executing projects, and this leadership position also requires developing a high degree of expertise in PA 211 systems used to implement SDoH projects, a strong client-facing presence with current and potential partners, and the ability to lead a project implementation team distributed across multiple 211 contact centers and employed by PA 211 regional providers. Previous experience with projects that connect social care and community based services to help individuals improve their health outcomes is preferred, but not required.
Reports to: PA 211 Quality Assurance Director
- Assess PA 211’s operational strengths and needs for improvement using data analytics
- Manage initiation, implementation, and evaluation strategies to meet PA 211’s obligations on projects related to Social Determinants of Health, Community Resource Navigation Services, Health Equity & Health Access
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with program partners, regional 211 leaders, and resource navigators in order to ensure program integrity
- Lead cross-region strategies to provide high quality service that is responsive to United Way of PA and PA 211’s contractual obligations for projects related to Social Determinants of Health, Community Resource Navigation Services, Health Equity & Health Access Projects
- Evaluate and manage projects to ensure the agency is compliant with program objectives and contractual requirements
- Monitor regional compliance with contractual obligations through tools such as call playback, data analytics, and feedback from project partners
- Lead and Implement Continuous Quality Improvement processes which include high level brainstorming, decision-making, and evaluation of procedures
- Work with regional directors and resource navigators to implement projects with shared accountability
- Partner with PA 211 regions to support recruitment, hiring, and retention of teams which support the goals and objectives of PA 211’s contractors
- Lead onboarding and training strategies for resource navigators based on project assignments through both in-person and virtual facilitation
- Provide support, direction, and training for resource navigators based on project assignments
- Ensure lines of service remain open for the entire contracted time to include direct service
- Maintain high standards of professionalism, including a commitment to protecting client confidentiality
- Maintain required records and files in accordance with project requirements and UWP written procedures
- Represent UWP and PA 211 to external organizations, groups, and partners
- Meet all contractual reporting requirements for assigned projects
- Work with PA 211 Quality Assurance Director to ensure project compliance with Standard Operating Procedures to support consistently high performance in providing human service information to customers
- Work with Director of Mission Advancement to support outreach and engagement strategy to develop new partnerships across the Commonwealth
- Bachelor’s degree in nonprofit management, social/human services, or related field
- Minimum of 1-2 years of project management experience
- Prior experience in human services and/or information and referral is strongly preferred
- Experience in healthcare and social determinants of health partnerships preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated expertise producing reports
- Ability to work independently and utilize strong decision-making skills
- Ability to operate a motor vehicle, or provide your own reliable transportation to and from the office and regional PA 211 providers
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team setting
- Effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives
- Conveys complex ideas through brief, simple materials
- High degree of computer literacy with excellent knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and database software applications required
- Outstanding project management skills, with the ability to lead complex, multi-faceted projects forward to deliver results on time
This is a full-time position. This position is exempt under the FLSA.
Salary and Benefits:
United Way of Pennsylvania offers a competitive benefits package which includes health care, vision, dental insurance, paid time off, and a 401(k)-employer match. UWP maintains a hybrid working environment, with a combination of office days and work from home days. The starting salary for this position is $65,000.
Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 25, 2022.
View a .pdf of this job description.