This internship will be limited to a specific project regarding the network of Pennsylvania United Ways. The intern will help create a digital space to showcase the impact of the United Way network for legislators, funders, and community stakeholders in one easily searchable directory. The intern will also guide and encourage United Ways in Pennsylvania through the process of updating their information in the state PA 211 database. This project includes:
- Becoming familiar with the United Way network in Pennsylvania
- Learning fundamentals of the PA 211 database, including inclusion/exclusion criteria and process for updating program information with PA 211’s regional providers
- Communicating via phone and email with United Way staff and volunteers
- Gathering and collating information about the United Ways in Pennsylvania regarding their impact and programs
- Editing this information to ensure cohesion across directory entries
- Using WordPress software to upload information to a public facing website
- Communicating with the United Way of Pennsylvania and PA 211 Team
A successful intern will have the following:
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- A high comfort level with Microsoft Office programs, specifically Word and Excel
- The ability to learn other software, specifically SurveyMonkey, Google Forms, and WordPress
- Comfort initiating conversations via telephone and email
- A task-oriented mindset and the ability to work independently with access to supervision and guidance
This is a paid, short-term position with flexibility around scheduling. The successful candidate will be paid $11/hour and be under supervision of the Member Services Manager for the project.
This position can be completed remotely. A personal laptop computer in good working order is required, and Microsoft 365, MS Teams, and Outlook will need to be configured on this machine.
Please email resume and cover letter to Amanda McNaughton.