What is the EITC?
- The EITC is a tax credit for working people that considers earned income, number of qualifying children, and marital status
- In 2020, 885,000 Pennsylvanians claimed the EITC, for an average of $2,289 per person
You’re Eligible if:
- You earned income in the last year
- You meet certain basic rules: learn more
How to claim
- File a tax return
- For free tax preparation through the VITA program, contact 211 in early 2021
Learn more about the Earned Income Tax Credit, the Child Tax Credit, or income tax assistance.