What is the Child Tax Credit?
- The CTC is a tax credit that increases with a household’s earnings, up to $2,000 per child under 17
- Up to $1,400 per child of the credit is refundable
- The CTC lifted nearly 4.3 million people out of poverty in 2018, including 2.3 million children
You’re Eligible If:
- You earned more than $2,500 last year
- You have at least one qualifying child
How to Claim
- File a tax return – file Schedule 8812 if applicable
- For free tax preparation through the VITA program, contact 211 in early 2021
Learn more about the Child Tax Credit, the Earned Income Tax Credit, or income tax assistance.