What is the Child Tax Credit?
- The Child Tax Credit (CTC) provides families with $3,600 per child under age 6, and $3,000 per child under 18
- You can still claim the full credit by filing a tax return in 2022
- The CTC is fully refundable (you get a payment if you owe less taxes than the credit amount)
You’re Eligible If:
- You earned under $75,000 as a single filer, $112,500 as a single head of household, or $150,000 as joint filers
- You have at least one qualifying child
How to Claim:
- File a tax return
- Free tax preparation is available starting in early 2022, from MyFreeTaxes.com and VITA
Learn more about the Child Tax Credit, the Earned Income Tax Credit, and income tax assistance.