What is the Child Tax Credit?
- The Child Tax Credit (CTC) provides families with $3,600 per child under age 6, and $3,000 per child under 18
- You can still claim the full credit by filing a tax return in 2022
- The CTC is fully refundable (you get a payment if you owe less taxes than the credit amount)
You’re Eligible If:
- You earned under $75,000 as a single filer, $112,500 as a single head of household, or $150,000 as joint filers
- You have at least one qualifying child
How to Claim:
- File a tax return
- Free tax preparation for the 2022 tax year will be available starting in early 2023, from MyFreeTaxes.com and VITA
Learn more about the Child Tax Credit, the Earned Income Tax Credit, and income tax assistance.