Companies of all sizes and types of industries are struggling with hiring talent, and retaining the talent they have. And especially now, with the resurgence of businesses coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic, companies are working to rebuild and keep the workforce talent they have.
In 2018, for the first time in the history of the Pennsylvania Chamber’s Economic Survey, our members’ number one concern was finding skilled and qualified employees to fill open positions, cited by 14% as the “single most important issue” affecting businesses today. In 2019 that number jumped to 22%. Further exacerbating the problem, between 2010 and 2019 twenty counties experienced a population decline of between 2.6% and 5%, and 13 counties have experienced a decline of over 5% according to the most recent census data.
But there are companies that have found dynamic and successful solutions. We will present case studies of creative strategies companies are using to find, train and keep the talent they need.
All designed to provide insights that will help executives understand unique solutions to filling open positions and retaining workers:
- How to find employees through alternative populations including local underserved populations and re-entrants. How to set up your in-house program, the options, and steps you can take right away.
- How one company found the workers they needed by providing food, clothes, and mentoring to their local underserved population. Their retention rate is huge, and they have been voted number one in customer service—an incredible story.
- Best practices for working with and hiring re-entrants. Everyone has done something they wish they hadn’t, and while some companies may feel a little uncomfortable, this population greatly values a second chance and could become your best employees by taking the right steps to bring them into your workforce.
- Removing barriers such as child care. Our panel will describe how one company gained national recognition when they recognized the problem and discovered the positive impact affordable child care made for their employees.
- Building a positive workplace culture for retention and legacy planning initiatives. Other companies are looking to poach your employees, and you want to ensure your people stay—it’s not more money they need, they simply want to feel valued for the work that they do at your company. Hear from one company that wants to ensure they let their employees’ creativity flow by developing a positive workplace culture through innovative and imaginative ways to keep people, as well as succession planning for future achievement.
These are companies implementing long term solutions for their growth, and solving the number one issue for businesses: finding and retaining talent. Our presenters will describe the real nuts and bolts information of putting these ideas into action: case studies you can use to implement now.
Registration cost: $75Register