What Is VISTA?
AmeriCorps VISTA (Volunteers in Service to America) engages more than 8,000 individuals annually to support community efforts to overcome poverty. AmeriCorps VISTA members serve full time for a year at nonprofit organizations or local government agencies to build the capacity of these organizations to carry out programs that alleviate poverty.
What do VISTA Members do?
A better question may be what doesn’t a VISTA member do. VISTA Members…
- Recruit and manage volunteers
- Raise funds
- Coordinate projects
- Improve communities
- Expand their horizons
- Develop leadership skills
- Alleviate critical needs
- Reduce suffering
- Become INSPIRATIONS.
United Way of Pennsylvania’s VISTA Project
United Way of Pennsylvania’s mission is to assist and champion the efforts of local United Ways in advancing the common good. Our local United Ways are pushing to improve the lives of every member of their communities. We have open VISTA Positions all over the state where passionate, service-minded individuals can make a difference. These positions focus on a wide variety of areas, addressing food security, public health, and education.
For more information, check out our opportunities:
- United Way of Pennsylvania VISTA Team Leader: Harrisburg, PA
- Greater Susquehanna Valley United Way K-8 Afterschool Program VISTA: Sunbury, PA and surrounding communities
- United Way of Lancaster County P-3 Education Outreach VISTA: Lancaster, PA
- United Way of Bucks County 2-1-1 Outreach and Food/Furniture Bank Initiative VISTA: Fairless Hills, PA
- United Way of Columbia and Montour Counties United in Recovery VISTA: Bloomsburg, PA
To apply to be a VISTA member, please email a cover letter specifying which United Way position you’re interested in, resumé, and three references to:
Member Services Coordinator
United Way of PA
(717) 238-7365 x206